MTV has been around for decades now and is still quite widely watched and followed, so any cable or streaming package really needs to have it.
Does the newcomer Cue Streaming service deliver for it’s customers in having the MTV channels as part of it’s packages? For music fans thinking of switching over, it’s good news.
All the MTV channels are included in Cue Streaming:
- MTV (East)
- MTV (West)
- MTV 2
- MTV 2 (West)
- MTV Classic
- MTV Classic (West)
- MTV Live
- MTV U
Here’s what shows up when you use Cue Streaming’s TV guide to search for the MTV channels within it’s interface:
In other words, MTV fans are covered if they switch to Cue Steaming – all the channels are there as they would be on their current provider’s package.
For music fans in particular, the VH1 and Music Choice channels are also included in the service.
What Other Channels Are Available On Cue Streaming?
Despite being fairly new to the market, Cue Streaming already has an impressive channel library that can match many other providers.
Here’s a quick snapshot of some popular US based channels that are included:
But the total catalogue runs to several thousand channels in total. As a general rule, pretty much any channels you’re used to watching with your current cable provider will almost certainly also be available on Cue Streaming.
If you want to search for something specific to make sure they have it before signing up, see our guide on using Cue’s channel search feature to check whether it’s in their catalogue (you can do this without needing to log in or even sign up).
Getting Started With Cue Streaming
If you like the channels selection and the attractive pricing of Cue Streaming, and figure it’s better to get the same channels as your current provider for much less money, switching over to them is pretty easy.
Here are the general steps:
- If you want to watch through a TV, you’ll need a Firestick for each TV used, if you don’t already have one. They’re available cheap on Amazon. Otherwise, you just need an internet connection to get started.
- Go to the Cue Streaming website
- Click Sign Up and fill in your details
- Pay your subscription ($59.99/month, 5 devices per account, no contract, no set up fees, cancel anytime).
- Run through some easy initial setup depending on your device (TV setup takes a bit longer)
- You’re good to go, watching most or all of the channels you currently watch, including the MTV channels.