NB – Product links in this article are affiliate links. We may receive a commission on any referrals made at no extra cost to you.
Hide.me is a long standing VPN service, with a strong commitment to user privacy, but where exactly do they offer servers? What countries and cities can you get an VPN IP address in using their service?
Hide.me currently offers 72 unlimited Premium server locations in 50 countries, with the USA, Europe (Germany in particular), and The Far East particularly well covered.
An unlimited limited free version is also available, with servers in 8 locations – including Netherlands, Germany, Canada, UK, France, USA West and USA East – but server selection in random.
Therefore Hide.me offers a mid-range selection of Premium servers compared to others in the VPN market, but their free version is an excellent bonus for users that can make them a really attractive option to try out before possibly upgrading to a paid plan.
Let’s give a complete breakdown of all Hide.me servers by location – both the Premium and free servers.
Hide.me Full Server List (Countries & Cities)
Here’s a full list of server locations (currently 50 countries and 72 locations) offered by Hide.me on their paid plans, together with specific multiple locations where given, broken down by region for easier reading:
- USA – 9 locations (Ashburn, Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Phoenix, Secuacus)
- Canada – Montreal, Toronto
- UK – London and Manchester
- Austria – Vienna
- Belgium – Brussels
- Bulgaria – Sofia
- Czech Republic – Prague
- Denmark – Copenhagen
- France – Paris
- Germany – Frankfurt, Berlin
- Greece – Athens
- Hungary – Budapest
- Iceland – Reykjavik
- Ireland – Dublin
- Italy – Milan and Rome
- Lithuania – Siauliai
- Luxembourg – Steinsel
- Netherlands – Amsterdam
- Norway – Oslo
- Poland – Warsaw
- Romania – Bucharest
- Serbia – Belgrade
- Slovakia – Bratislava
- Spain – Madrid and Barcelona
- Sweden – Stockholm
- Switzerland – Zurich and Zug
- Turkey – Istanbul
- Ukraine – Kyiv
- Cambodia – Phnom Penh
- Hong Kong – Hong Kong
- India – Mumbai
- Indonesia – Jakarta
- Japan – Tokyo
- Philippines – Manila
- Singapore – Singapore
- South Korea – Seoul
- Taiwan – New Taipei
- Vietnam – Hanoi
Middle East, Africa:
- Morocco – Marrakesh
- Egypt – Cairo
- South Africa – Johannesburg
- United Arab Emirates – Dubai
- Australia – servers in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane.
- New Zealand – Auckland
- Mexico – Mexico City
- Brazil –
Click here to check current plans and pricing for Hide.me
Does Hide.me Have Free Servers?
One great bonus of Hide.me is that they do offer a free version of their product you can use, which many VPNs don’t, with a 10 GB monthly allowance and servers in 5 locations, along with a strict zero logs policy.
Here are the key benefits of Hide.me:
- Totally free to sign up, with only an email required and no other personal details
- Free version offers servers in 8 locations – including Netherlands, UK, France, Germany, Canada, USA West and USA East.
- Use is unlimited, but you cannot directly control free server selection – it just connects to a random free server (best available).
- Strict zero logs policy, including on the free version. No user data collected or stored.
- Decent speeds but not as fast as Premium
- Paid version also offers competitive plans.
Click here to get started with Hide.me, and select their Free plan.
It’s a great option if you specifically want a VPN that can give you a masked IP address, but on the downside, the free version doesn’t offer any streaming support, so you might not be able to get it to work with streaming services like Netflix (you might do with some persistence, but no way close to guaranteed).
Where Does Hide.me NOT Have Servers?
It’s fair to say that Hide.me is currently a more stripped down VPN service in terms of countries offered, compared to other VPN’s which offer more countries and locations. They focus most intensely on The USA, Australia and Europe, with less choice elsewhere.
Here are some notable countries where Hide.me currently does NOT have servers (this may change in the future):
- Central America – Only Mexico covered. All other countries (Costa Rica, Panama, Cuba, Nicaragua, Caribbean etc) are not.
- South America – Only Brazil covered. All other countries in the region (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, Colombia, Ecuador etc) not covered at present.
- Europe – Mostly well covered, but some countries like Russia, Portugal, Finland, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Malta, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Belarus, are not covered.
- Middle East – Low coverage – only UAE covered. All others like Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, Israel, Bahrain, Oman etc. are not covered.
- Asia – Some notable Asian countries without Hide.me servers are China, Malaysia, Pakistan, Iran, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, Brunei and Kazakhstan. Decent overall coverage in Asia though.
- Africa – Low coverage. Only servers in South Africa, Morocco and Egypt. Nowhere else in Africa covered at present.
Hide.me vs Other VPNs For Server Choice
Hide.me is an interesting provider, because in terms of pure country choice, it’s one of the more basic, stripped down services – only 46 countries and 65 cities offered, compared to others that offer nearly 100 countries.
However, it’s also a lot cheaper than some other VPN services, and not everyone needs servers in 100 countries. It’s great if you just want servers in some major countries, and a fast, secure connection with a masked IP address. It’s particularly good if you want a USA VPN server – 9 locations to choose from. Germany has also got 4 locations.
Here’s how Hide.me stacks up against other major VPN’s in terms of country and server choice (links are affiliate links):
|Provider||Price (12 months paid in advance)||Number of countries offered||Number of Servers Offered||Main Benefits|
|Hide.me||$5/month||46||160+||Free version available|
|ExpressVPN||$8/month||94||160+||Best country choice|
|ProtonVPN||$6/month (Basic/Plus)||63||1700+||Reputable brand|
|Private Internet Access||$3.33/month||84||10,000||Value for money|
*Flash deals and offers are very common, so you may often find a better deal than the one listed for many providers
If you’re looking for a basic, no nonsense VPN with even less countries covered (34), but that’s even cheaper, and has a free version, then AtlasVPN is a good option that’s very similar to Hide.me in nearly all aspects.
If you’re looking for a VPN that offers a similar country choice to Hide.me, but much greater server choice within the countries that are offered, then you can’t get anywhere near TurboVPN. It’s got the most number of servers by far – offering 21,00 across the 45 countries. Next best is Private Internet Access (10,000+ servers), but it offers many more countries overall (80+).
NordVPN, VyprVPN, and ProtonVPN all offer a little more country choice (around 60 each), and more servers, but their plans are a little more expensive, and only ProtonVPN has a free version out of the three.