I am currently in the process of selling all of my commercial blogs and starting fresh with some new sites and new ideas. This is my biggest traffic and earnings blog, but I’m still selling it, along with a few others, and will consider reasonable offers, to start on new projects.
But I do not mislead people, and for full disclosure, this site has been hit hard with the Google updates of the last year, so traffic and earnings have fallen.
There is a solid base of good content on here, which was conscientiously written with the aim of being as useful as possible to readers. I do have an interest and knowledge of networking and tech products and experience of using them, but that’s sometimes not enough in Google’s eyes these days.
This site may be good for a networking/IT/technology professional to take over, who can demonstrate more off-site “EEAT” signals to Google that they want.
Here are some recent downsides to this blog:
- As with many smaller blogs, the loss of featured snippets at the top of search results, which has taken traffic off us and given it back to bigger sites. They may come back in a future update, but for now they’re gone.
- Algo updates have also reduced North American traffic, which is the most valuable. Therefore overall EMPV as well as earnings have fallen a lot the last year.
- Helpful content updates have further dropped traffic – have recently pruned content to make the site more efficient, removing non performing content.
- Am also in the processing of beefing up and improving older content in late 2023 into early 2024.
And then some “low hanging fruit” – easy opportunities to boost traffic and earnings I haven’t had chance to take advantage of because I’m too busy with too many sites, or not suited to it:
- YouTube – biggest opportunity in my opinion – virtually no YouTube video uploaded as not good at video. HUGE opening to create video versions of best blog posts and draw in loads of traffic from YouTube (niche is well suited to YouTube as well).
- Owner EEAT – This blog could be ideal for someone who’s got credentials in the IT/Tech space they can demonstrate on the About page. I do have a hobbyist’s interest in networking/Wi-Fi solutions, but just having an interest and experience isn’t enough now in Google’s eyes. They want to see actual credentials/qualification in many niches – someone with these credentials could add to the authority of the site.
- Building EEAT – Is very useful to network in the IT/Tech niche and do link exchanges/interviews/podcasts with other bloggers in this space. Very good to built expertise/authoritativeness/trust for the site to improve rankings.
- Loads of networking/gaming problem solving topics and keywords I haven’t had chance to write on.
- Affiliate is very basic so far – mostly Amazon, which is very low at present. Loads of room to diversify and optimize this with more programs for tech product retailers, ISPs, VPNs.
- Because of translated content, there’s also traffic from lots of countries (France/Germany/Italy etc), where affiliate recommendations can be further optimized.
- Reviews – virtually no product reviews as focused more on information and troubleshooting. Loads of room to review powerline/extender/mesh products for more affiliate income.
These are some of the potential opportunities for someone with fresh energy and a different perspective to exploit taking over this blog. It’s been hit hard the last year, but still has huge potential, especially for someone who has networking qualifications/credentials and wants to use YouTube, as I’ve focused only on blog posts.
I’m selling almost everything to streamline and focus again, so if you’re interested to know more, get in touch via the contact form on our Contact page, and I’d be happy to discuss with you further.